Albania Chrome & Iron Ore
Albania is a country with rich mineral resources.Mineral exploration, exploitation and processing constitutes a key component of the Albanian economy, due to a traditional mining industry that has been a solid foundation to the country economic sector generating substantial revenues. The minerals mined and treated in the past which still remain in Albania include chrome, copper, iron-nickel and coal.
Based on the works and research completed to date specifically to the mining area “Blerim-Platinum”, miningpermit No# Dt.26 1211/1/6/2014, for the extraction of chrome ore at the “tip of the Lajthizes.” It has been estimated reserves for chrome ore as the follows:
- Qafe Mid No. 1 has two bodies with geological reserves 500,000 tons
- Qafe Mid no.2 has a mineral body with geological reserves 650,000 tons
- Qafe Mid No.3 has a mineral body with geological reserves 800,000 tons
- Qafe Mid no.4 has two bodies mining geological reserves 1,500,000 tons
- Peak Lajthizes has 5 Linza mining geological reserves 720,000 tons
- Mountain-‐Things has a mineral body with geological reserves 1,115,000 tons
Estimated chromium ore mining in this area approximately 5,285,000, tons with average content of Cr2O3 36% to 38% Incept Resources is in the final stages of securing these resources through a joint venture.